If this continues through the holiday season, travelers will find themselves in tough driving conditions or even worse stranded on the side of the road. So as you start preparing for your road trips to visit family and friends, we wanted to provide you with a list of items we think you should have ready at hand:
- Blanket: to keep warm
- Flashlight: it gets dark early and you need to see
- Jumper Cables: to restart the car
- First Aid Kit: incase the kids get to rowdy
- Flares: who doesn’t love flares every once and a while?
- Snow Shovel: just incase you want to get a workout
- Kitty Litter/Gravel/Sand: we’d say drop it in 4-wheel low, but that might be an option for you
- Bottle of Water: because it’s good for you
- Dried Food: in case you get the munchies
- Light Sticks: no not the ones you used to go to rave parties with
- Whistle: just to be annoying
- Phone Charger: we all know the phone dies at the wrong time
- Windshield Deicer: because seeing out of the front of the car is cool
- Wind Up Radio: who wants to miss Prairie Home Companion?
- Games: as you wait for help you should keep the mind busy
While we joke about how you might use these items, these are serious goods that can help you out of a tight spot. What are you waiting for? Get to the store now, and start packing a car survival kit!